Friday, December 18, 2009

Super Busy

Gosh, it seems like its been forever since I have either posted on my blog, or worked in my craft room. We have taken on a project for a friend of my brothers and that is to clean and prepare half of a duplex for renting out. I am amazed at the condition of the place and wonder if the person living there knew what a broom, vacuume, or a mop was. We have had to clean all the surfaces with bleach, prime the walls and paint. The carpets are a mess and she will have to have a professional come in and clean those as that is beyond what I feel I can do with a rental carpet cleaner. The fun part of it has been working side by side with my hubby and with only a radio to listen to we have talked more than ususal and its been fun spending time with him.
I did take some time off yesterday to go out and get some Shopping done, and now I at least have a couple of wrapped presents under the tree, a package ready to send to my daughter in Spokane, and the little gift bags that I make for the Girls in the family are packed and ready to go.
Tomorrow we are heading over to my moms to decorate her home. This is a tradition that has been going on for so many years its hard to know exactly how long. She collects Santa's and every surface in her house is covered with them and every year, my sister and I love taking each one out of the box and putting it into place. The Guys are in charge of the tree and outside lights and they seem to enjoy the yearly tradition as well. We always have Nachos and  anyone new who comes to help decorate has to wear the ugly hand crocheted layered tree and have their picture taken. I really need to make a scrapbook highlighting this, and I don't think in all these years I have had to put it on myself.
Anyway, with a week left until Christmas I pray your all a bit ahead of me, that your shopping, wrapping, baking, and all those other wonderful things that you do for the Season are well underway and that you are feeling the spirit of the Season deep in your heart. May you all be Blessed with Gods Love during this wonderful holiday when he sent his son to pay a debt he did't owe, because we owed a debt we couldn't pay.
Merry Christmas !!

No comments:

Post a Comment