Monday, October 5, 2009

Good Monday Morning

The week-end was so beautiful here. Not as warm as our summer days have been but here in Washington we could be drenched in the rain, but instead we have sunshine!!!
I try to do my baking for the week on Sundays, and yesterday started out to be one of those not so good baking days. I really wanted to make some cinnamon rolls, and unfortunatly I really screwed up when adding the ingredients. I thought I was using my one cup measuring cup when I added the water(2 1/2 cups) but when I finished adding the flour the dough just didn't seem soft enough, and sure enough I had used the 3/4 cup to measure the water... well I tried to add the water that was lacking, and what I ended up with was a slimy ball of dough that of course was not going to be useable....And of course I did't have enough yeast to do another batch, so I ended up finding a great recipe for Oatmeal Cranberry Cookies:

2 cubes Butter Softened
2 1/4 cups Brown Sugar Packed
2 eggs
2 Tsp Vanilla
2 TBSP Milk
Mix together and then add
3 cups quick Oats
3 cups flour
1 TBSP Baking Powder
1 1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
1 Tsp Salt
Stir In 1 1/2 cups cranberries

Bake @ 375 degrees for 10-12 Min. You may need to coat your cookie sheets with pam...

They turned out so good and I will try to do the cinnamon rolls later

So With that I hope you all have a good start to your week and that laugher is mixed with blessings in what ever you do this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment